RELIEF SOCIETY ACTIVITY DAY
On Saturday we had a day for our Relief Society to get together for making things or learning things and socializing. We had a really good number of people attending and it was fun. We could choose from several workshops, for instance YOGA, art to music, jewelry making, the heart pillows for breast cancer patients, massage lessons, and some others. I did the massage and jewelry. I made 55 heart pillows the week before so there would be some ready to stuff and finish in the heart pillow workshop. There are several people making pillows for these activities. Each year in just the Mannheim area alone, 1,000 heart pillows are given to recovering beast cancer patients to help relieve the soreness that happens under the arms. So I think we will be doing more heart pillow workshops.
 |
| Patch thinks I lay fabric on the floor just for him to lay on, not to cut out things. |
 |
| 55 Pillows ready for stuffing. |
 |
| The jewelery workshop |
 |
| some of the results from the drawing to music workshop |
 |
| the heart pillow workshop |
 |
| Sister missionaries at the heart pillow workshop |
 |
| some of the stuffed pillows |
 |
| The church was decorated in many beautiful sunny flowers |
 |
| my birthday flowers from Sister Zimmernink and Manuella Newsome |
No comments:
Post a Comment