Tuesday, July 23, 2013

VOLKSWAGEN CAR SHOW, BIKE RIDE TO MULBERRY ISLAND, SISTER MOON'S DINNER WITH US
On Saturday morning we rode our bikes to Steve's office to make some copies of some papers and on the way we ran across a Volkswagen car show.  I enjoyed seeing all the really nicely restores old cars and cute little campers that they have for the VW's.
There were these cute little campers they pull behind the VW's.
This guy also had a home made bike on the back.
I wouldn't mind having one of the campers but I'd pull it with a different car.

We saw many really nice camper vans

another cute camper with a pop up

Some of the VW's like this one had window fences.
I'm not sure if the fence is to keep birds out or kids in.
There is also a attachable window air conditioner on the drivers side.

there were also some new modern looking VW's

I remember Pat & Lee Heaton had a VW bus camper.
They took that camper all over the U.S. and Europe.
After the car show and the visit to the office we did the ride I did previously to Mulberry Island.  In addition to those sites we saw a horse getting new shoes at the horse riding school on the island and some cute dogs getting to play in the river.
A big horse getting new shoes.

other horses use for riders at the school

I thought this one had a beautiful 2 tone hair color.

Chocolate Lab loving the river and fetching sticks.
In the evening, we invited Sister Lauren Moon and Sister Samantha Smith over for dinner and a walk around the lake.  Sister Moon is ending her mission here in Germany next week and will be flying back to the U.S. on Friday.  I made them an american meal of meatloaf, potatoes au gratin, jello salad, and a fresh peach pie that we put vanilla ice cream on.



Sister Moon about to pluck a feather from the swan in the lake and Sister Smith.

Sister Moon and Sister Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment