Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Microwave
Andy loaned us a microwave from his basement.  It was a pretty scary sight inside the box.  Live and dead spiders and a VERY bad smell.  But I took it apart, cleaned all the parts and put it back together and it still works.

I took off the outer shroud and all the inner shrouds

this part and the screens above it where the worst.  a lot of scary things growing/living in there

I took pictures mainly so I'd know how to put this thing back together

I was worried that if I scrubbed all the elements, it wouldn't work afterwards but it cleaned up really good and it actually still worked when I put it back together.  No extra parts left over either.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god! How would that even happen?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect it was an accumulation and when they got a new microwave they didn't clean it up before putting it in a box and then into the basement.

    ReplyDelete