For the Preparation Day (Monday) the I rode with Sister Smith and Sister Moon from the Watson's in Wallstadt to Ladenburg. They borrowed the bikes from the Watson's. It really is a short ride from Wallstadt and it is mostly through farm fields. We went the most direct route so it only took about 20 minutes to get there. We rode through the old part of town on the cobblestones streets. We soon found out that Sister moons front tire went completely flat. I think it was because the cobblestones made the stem valve leak. We fixed the problem later when we walked down to the park near the Neckar River Park. There was a bit of unusual activity in Ladenburg this day. There was the filming of some movie, so we had various streets blocked off at different times while the shoot was taking place. Then they would lift the caution ribbon and let us walk through. We didn't take pictures of the movie making tho. Also the wonderful gelato shop was closed this day. RATS! But we did have some yummy popsicles with the Watson's when we got back.
I didn't take very many photos because I've been there a few times, see the entries linked below for additional photos of Ladenburg.
http://susanssmith2012.blogspot.de/2013/07/bike-ride-to-ladenburg.html
http://susanssmith2012.blogspot.de/2013/04/bike-ride-to-ladenburg-we-rode-our.html
http://susanssmith2012.blogspot.de/2013/03/bike-ride-to-ladenburg-at-last-das.html
![]() |
| Fixing the flat in the park near the river and that is the Ladenburg water tower. |
![]() |
| Having lunch near the river and fixing the flat. |












Seems like you had a fun time! To bad you got a flat. :(
ReplyDeleteRobyn ;)